Strike of carriers "For the safety and quality of transportations" today, since early morning "put on the ears" the city. Lviv private carriers not on the routes and came under the walls of Lviv City Council. After a few hours of the strike, they forced the mayor to pay attention to them and met at the table of negotiations. The owners of the buses have put forward a number of requirements for local authorities and are not going to retreat.
- We want to urge the authorities to hear us and to take away the barrier between carriers and those people who suffer from negligence, - said Igor Senyk
- Arrange problems with transportation of privileged categories of the population
- The resumption of the activities of the working group until 31.08.2016
- Implementation of the first working group meeting till 05.09.2016
- The inclusion and consideration of issues at the first meeting of the working group:
- Improving the transport network;
- The introduction of the electronic ticket;
- To form a new composition of the tender Committee, to modify the conditions of competition and provide the competitive process of publicity.
- Report of the head of ATP-1 (transporters want to know where the funds from the city budget that are allocated to ATP-1, when others ATP use their own money)
- Consideration of other issues that will arise
- Protection of strikers carriers
The mayor called the carriers ' requirements fair and promised today at 19:00 to meet again and to answer, will city government today make the first steps to solve the problems of carriers.
Now strikers are waiting for a response of mayor Andriy Sadovyi.
It is now depends from the city authorities will buses go back tomorrow to work. In that case, if this is another "empty" chatter from the head of the Lviv, tomorrow the strikers will be more. When at last the power of the city will begin to restore order in pragnell transportation system of the city?
- We fully support the demands of the carriers. The transport network exists for a long time and is the cause of many accidents. For some reason, nobody thinks about the drivers, who not only performs their work, and works as the controller, checking ID, and the cashier, when he counts and gives change. These problems must be solved immediately, says a representative of the NGO "Community Development" Roman Duda
We will remind that this morning are out of walk 300 minibuses of five ATP. Total in Lviv there are 640 buses.