The aim of the conference was to identify threats to the environment and human health associated with improper management of household waste in Ukraine, development of recommendations for a comprehensive solution to the problem of accumulation of domestic waste in landfills and dumps.
The conference organizers were : all-Ukrainian eEnvironmental League, Environmental Recycling Association of Ukraine, Center of Municipal Technologies.
Took part in the forum "Environmental, economic and social problems of dumps and landfills in Ukraine and ways of their solution" representatives of state authorities and local self-government, leading scientists and business structures that operate in the field of waste management, companies that operate in the field of ecological safety and environmental protection, environmental public organizations, mass media.
The conference considered the following issues:
- Legislative regulation of solid waste recycling in Ukraine;
- The European experience of organization of system for separate collection of MSW;
- Treatment of hazardous waste consisting of solid waste in Ukraine (chemical waste, batteries and fluorescent lamps);
- European standards for the construction and operation of solid waste landfills;
- Elimination of environmentally dangerous situations on Grybovetske dump;
- Formation of partnership between authorities, local communities, business and non-governmental organizations to solve the problems of waste management.
After discussion, was summing up and adoption of the resolution.